Jump to content
ELFORUM - Forumul electronistilor
Guest shadow_1

Restoration of Ingelen Geographic 837W

Recommended Posts

Guest shadow_1

Hello

 

This is restoration log for this radio:

 

Posted Image

It was bought by me in july 2011.

This radio was mentioned here on the forum, so i think some people might find it interesting.

http://www.elforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=91148&hilit=ingelen

 

Here is link to restoration process:

 

https://picasaweb.google.com/1178293168 ... directlink

 

If you have any questions just ask (in english).

 

Igor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, it was such a joy to follow the restoration steps and the wood box looks fantastic! I believe every one of us would like to know everything about it, step by step, so if you have time, please tell us. How much time did it took? What materials did you use? How did you got rid of woodworms? What did you do to the frequencies map so as not to damage the picture?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest shadow_1

Wow, it was such a joy to follow the restoration steps and the wood box looks fantastic! I believe every one of us would like to know everything about it, step by step, so if you have time, please tell us. How much time did it took? What materials did you use? How did you got rid of woodworms? What did you do to the frequencies map so as not to damage the picture?

First of all, restoration process is not yet complete.

-There is blown speaker (see speaker coil picture) to fix

-Neon lamp under the dial is not working - looking for modern raplacement.

-that biddle button is not original - frequency selector button, this one:

Posted Image

is missing so i need to make a copy - it is close to impossible to find a replacement.

 

Hm about time...restoration begun in july 2011 and is not yet complete.

But there is not so many hour of work...it was easy and relaxed process :)

 

Materials:

Most of materials are original except glue :)

i use european wallnut, there is two component epoxy filler used for repairing the casing (silver color in pictures), also some ordinary filler (brown color), i use shellac finnish composed of 3xgrounding, 3xmaking main coat, 3x finishing.

I also used polyurathane glue (Bison), and housing was also injected with polyurathane (see pictures).

Glue expands and its pefect for porous materials such as worm infected wood.

 

Woodworm:

I sprayed whole case in woodworm chemicals. That was done just to be sure.

I noticed that somewhere in history of this radio, someone have saved this radio and removed it from damp environment.

And away from woodworms.

As woodworm's don't live forever, they all died and leave the radio for me :)

 

frequency map was just roughly glued.

I decited not to install printed one just leave as original wich is not in perfect state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Terms of Use si Guidelines